DC FLAG RUGBY
START A RUGBY PROGRAM AT YOUR DC ELEMENTARY OR MIDDLE SCHOOL TODAY.
Washington DC Youth Rugby is bringing rugby to DC elementary, middle schools and recreation centers. The spring rugby league is forming now. No prior rugby experience necessary.
In 2019, Washington DC Youth Rugby will offer a free training class for non-rugby personnel to learn to teach the game to DC elementary and middle school students. For participating schools and organizations, all equipment – rugby balls, cones, flag belts will be provided. Washington DC Youth Rugby will host a tournament later in the season so teams can compete against one another to test their skills.
Washington DC Youth Rugby will provide:
- Teacher training late January-early February (half day)
- Equipment (rugby balls, belts and cones)
- Support for 4-5 games per school during the season (March to June)
- Coaches who need to register with USA Rugby (instructions provided)
- Hosting of end of season tournament (May-June)
- Space for training (gym/field)
- Field to play on
- Transportation logistics to away games
- Coaches will act as referees
- First aid support
Is your school interested starting a rugby team? For more details contact John Hanly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alice Deal Middle School
Benning Park Recreation Center
Bishop Walker Elementary
CW Harris Elementary
Harriet Tubman Elementary
Horace Mann Elementary
Kelly Miller Middle School
Raymond Recreation Center